US billionaire Warren Buffet has donated $10 million to Rambam Hospital in Haifa. The contribution was announced by his close friend Eitan Wertheimer at an event last weekend to celebrate 75 years since the hospital’s establishment.
Wertheimer has been a close friend of Buffett since the sale of the family’s precision tool developer and manufacturer Iscar Ltd. to the American’s company Berkshire Hathaway. In May 2006, Berkshire Hathaway bought 80% of Iscar for $4 billion, and in May this year it exercised an option to buy the remaining 20% for $2.05 billion.
Read more at GLOBES.