Watch: Rav Yisroel Reisman Responds To The Threat To Our Chinuch

26

Rav Yisroel Reisman, in a candid video released today by Agudas Yisroel, delivers a warning to Klal Yisroel about the danger facing our time-tested system of Chinuch. Warning that this will impact yeshivos and Bais Yaakovs across New York State, Rabbi Reisman calls the new Substantial Equivalency guidelines, “Draconian, outrageous, and immediate.” Watch this important video to see how this new gezeirah can affect your child, grandchild, nephew or niece.

26 COMMENTS

  1. Fake outrage!! Where were all the “leaders” and “gedolim” during the elections?? Oh yes… they were urging us to vote for Cuomo and the democrats!!!! NOW they wake up ???? Cuomo made gay rights a centerpiece of his agenda and refuses to consider tuition tax credits. The democrats have been hurting our community for a long time but he askanim love their Kavod more than anything else.

  2. It’s disingenuous to criticize the substantial equivalency guidelines when the two communities where they are completely disregarded are the poorest municipalities in the State of New York, where seventy percent of the residents rely on government assistance for food, rent, and medical care. It may be that the figures are misleading, and that the true poverty rate is far lower. It may be that this is due to bli ayin hara very large families. And obviously nobody is going to point fingers at them and throw them under the bus to protect the rest of us. But it’s not Draconian. It is facially rational. The ball is in our court, and complaining about it will get us nowhere.

  3. maybe the threat of reducing limudei kodesh is midah keneged midah of expelling students from schools AND shuls due to non vaccination, “Lehashkichom Torahsecha”, despite the fact they have Rabbonim and GEDOLIM who say NOT to vaccinate, and who also say it is forbidden to expel these students from schools and shuls???? Think about that! Many families are suffering terribly from this שמד !
    (my children were vaccinated)

  4. Silly me though that the threat to our chinuch was the burned out “mechanchim” and “askanim” that urge to vote DemocRat.

  5. It is really interesting that this crisis is taking place at the same time that schools are not allowing unvaccinated students in their schools. Is there some connection here? The wording of both issues is eerily similar (“sprung upon us suddenly, without warning” “the level of their guidelines…draconian, outrageous and immediate” “there is no one to talk to” “parents must transfer their children out…to public schools ” “threaten to take actions against the parents” “cannot afford the legal bills to fight this in court” “we have good arguments” “lesson for us….achdus has been weakened by various disagreements” “you want to survive, be one” “stop fighting among yourselves”

  6. As Orthodox Jews we are taught, everything which happens is a message from hashem…
    Maybe it’s time to wake up, and be mekabel that Yeshiva’s won’t be as judgmental of student applicants..

    children should be in school to learn Torah and what it means to be a true Jew without personal motives
    The way it was taught not so many years ago!!!

    Just a thought

  7. So let’s finally take the wake up call from Hashem.

    TESHUVA IN THE MIDST OF ACHDUS TOG.
    TESHUVA IN THE MIDST OF ACHDUS TOG.
    TESHUVA IN THE MIDST OF ACHDUS TOG.

    must I say more? Can we expect a miracle from Hashem if we don’t do our hishtadlus in teshuva?

  8. “It’s disingenuous to criticize the substantial equivalency guidelines when the two communities where they are completely disregarded. . .”
    Completely disregarded? So how is it scores on State Mandated tests are consistently higher in our schools? How is it such a high percentage of our graduates are accepted into the best schools and go on to be doctors, lawyers, accountants, business owners, professionals, etc.?

    • Was my comment obscure? Is it not obvious that I’m talking about those specific communities that produce no or next to no “doctors, lawyers, accountants….” ? Wouldn’t a moment’s thought have made that clear? Doesn’t blind sniping show weakness?

  9. Let’s all enroll our kids in public school and let’s see how they handle that! They will have to figure out acwY to accommodate our thousands of kids! They will beg us to go back to our private schools!

  10. I think it is draconian to throw healthy unvaccinated children out of school when there is no school outbreak at all. When jews turn against each other Hashem sends the goyim after us.
    Lets be b’achdus

          • Now Now – let’s get the facts straight Dr.Anonymous. If it’s measles you are talking about lets not use the Sub-Saharan Africa dismal numbers. Let’s use the rates before vaccines in USA. In 1963 and the decade leading up it in US there were 3-4 million cases of measles a year out of which 400 to 500 people did succumb to it. That would be .01% death rate. Since the vaccine for this same disease is 97% effective, that makes any vaccinated kid’s chance of contracting it from a sick child 3% if the un-vaccinated child was to catch it and come to school with it. That puts the chance of dying of a vaccinated child at .0003%. You have a .012% chance of dying in a car crash. If someone’s number is up Hashem will find a way to take the the neshamah that he wants. I have 100% Emunah in Hashem and will keep it that way. and in case your medical books did not tell you these numbers they are on the CDC website.

            https://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/history.html

          • Dear Disingenuous Five Towns Blubber, in your antivaxxer gibberish, you conveniently forgot to mention first year babies too young for MMR vaccine and people with immunological diseases. Besides, even one completely preventable death is too much, and you are apparently ignorant of measles complications such as brain encephalitis, and I won’t even mention mumps and rubella with their own bouquets of nastiness.

  11. I have a store in a certain area of New York. I know that 95% of my customers cannot work out a simple percentage problem so I can charge them any thing I want on sales tax. The leaders that want the children to drop out of secular school at 4th grade are allowing the same thing to happen to Jewish children. A complete disgrace!!!!

  12. Perhaps if Hashem is taking Torah education away from us, maybe we are not valuing His Torah enough. Let’s come together with achdus and learn Torah and appreciate it.

  13. Many, many non jews support you. But we are vastly outnumbered. You are in one of the most leftist minded states in the country. Maybe Hashemi is giving you a wake up call that it is time to get out of such a wicked place. We left New York 30 years ago. I have no regrets leaving.

  14. Many, many non jews support you. But we are vastly outnumbered. You are in one of the most leftist minded states in the country. Maybe Hashemi is giving you a wake up call that it is time to get out of such a wicked place. We left New York 30 years ago. I have no regrets leaving.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here