Here are six ways to put Jeff Bezos’s $67 billion gain into context:
1) It’s more than the entire market capitalization of FedEx Corp.
2) Bezos’s gain this year alone would make him the seventh-richest person on Earth, ahead of Mexico’s Carlos Slim
3) It’s about the equivalent of Walt Disney’s blockbuster bid for most of the assets of 21st Century Fox.
4) His wealth has increased by an average of about $8 million an hour in 2018.
5) It’s roughly 10 times Amazon’s total net income since it went public in 1997.
6) The 499 other billionaires on the Bloomberg ranking have added a net combined $8.3 billion to their fortunes this year.