[Photos and credits below.] Last night, Child Life Society and Matzav.com proudly presented Jewish music sensation Shua Kessin with special guest Moshe Hecht and the renowned Mezamrim choir, led by Chilu Posen, with music by S&S productions in a special kumzitz commemorating the yahrtzeit and featuring the compositions of Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach.
The kumzitz – with full audio and video – was web-casted, powered and hosted by Matzav.com, allowing people all over the word to watch it from their homes. Tens of thousands of viewers all over the globe logged on to enjoy this beautiful and unified evening of song.
The kumzitz took place live beginning at 9:30 p.m. at Minyan Shelanu, located at 145 Ocean Avenue (Route 88) in Lakewood, NJ. The event concluded shortly before midnight, following a stunning 2 1/2 hours of heartwarming music. The event was a smashing success by all accounts.
New for 2011, in addition to technology upgrades, including stunning videography by L’Chaim Studios and the highest sound quality in the field by Stratton Sound, was the participation of noted Jewish radio personality Nachum Segal’s Saturday Night Segal show, which web-casted live from the kumzitz at www.nachumsegal.com. The show featured its regular host, Yoni Korbman, and Nachum Segal himself.
Matzav.com thanks the following people for being part of the event and ensuring its success:
Extra special thanks to: Child Life Society, the primary sponsors of the event. Readers may visit www.childlifesociety.org.
Thanks as well to:
– Shua Kessin – the one and only
– Simcha Wenger and S&S Productions – on the road to greatness in the world of Jewish music
– Rav Chaim Abadi and Minyan Shelanu of Lakewood
– Chilu Posen and the Mezamrim Choir, including Shauly Waldner, Chaimy Deutch and Don Stern
– Nachum Segal, Yoni Korbman and the Saturday Night Segal show
– Chaim Rosen of L’Chaim Studios
– Reb Naftoli Greenwald
– Yossi Tepper of The Video Maven
– Psachya Skaist
– Calev Stratton Sound
– Moshe Hecht – whose new album, Heart Is Alive, is available everywhere
– Dovid Makovsky and the entire Matzav.com staff
– The ultra-talented musicians: Yaakov Zeines – keyboards; Yisroel Ament – acoustic guitar; Sammy Kissel – electric guitar; Jeremy Benabou (West Mount Auto Leasing) – percussion; Yonason Rothman – violin; and Meyer Rosenbaum – flute.
– The media outlets and others who helped publicize the event and webcast, including: The Lakewood Shopper (Yaakov Wenger), Yated Ne’eman, The Lakewood Voice (Ari Berkowitz and Yitzy Levi), Minyan Shelanu, Hamodia, Matzav Email Blasts, The Lakewood Scoop, Kol Mevaser, and others.
– And finally, to the “player to be named later,” the nekudah tovah, the one who gets it done. Period. Thanks a million.
A full video rebroadcast of the event will be available later on here on Matzav.com.
See below for photos of the event: