100 Hurt As ‘Dangerous Substance’ Leaks at Eilat Hotel


29301794_magendovidadomOne hundred guests at the Club Hotel in Eilat were lightly-to-moderately injured today after inhaling toxic fumes that were apparently caused by a chemical reaction. The guests, who complained of burning eyes and breathing difficulties, were evacuated to a local hospital for medical treatment. Magen David Adom emergency crews were called to the scene after receiving numerous complaints from hotel guests and employees. A spokesman for the Eilat firefighter department said all the hotel guests and employees were evacuated. He added that firefighter crews are controlling the situation.

According to Roni Pivko, CEO of the Club Hotel chain, a worker at the hotel accidentally brought a material that caused a harsh odor into a room near the poll that contains machinery.

Pivko added that police said the incident was caused by human error on the part of the same worker.

{Yair Alpert-Matzav.com Israel/Haaretz}


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here